Saturday, July 12, 2014

W7 In The Buff vs. UD NAKED 2

Hey guys,

I recently ordered some new makeup and discovered that there is a palette that looks just like one of the Urban Decay Naked palettes! It's from a brand called w7, heard already a lot about it but wasn't able to find it anywhere near or online until now. So I just couldn't resist to order and test it! So here is my review with swatches and thoughts ^^

 
Both are housed in a tin and hold 12 neutral shades.
While the Naked 2 has the dual ended Good Karma Shadow Brush, the w7 comes with a dual ended sponge tip and brush applicator.


The packaging of the Naked 2 palette looks so mucher better made than the In the Buff palette.The only advantage about the In The Buff palette is that it is less havier than the Naked 2 palette, slightly bigger thought but nothing less handy.
 

 

The biggest difference on the back is the fact that w7 displays its shade names there while Naked 2 displays them inside under the pans. 

Both palettes hold the same amount of product = 15,6 g. 12 x 1,3 g each eyeshadow!

 

While the Naked 2 has a mirror inside, the w7 hasn't any at all.


As you can see this is an obvious dupe of the Naked 2 palette!!!

SWATCHES

 
 From Left-Right!
upper row = Buff, Camel, Sand, Dust, Chocolate, Topaz, Earth, Storm, Silk, Wave, Thunder, Onyx
lower row = Foxy, Half baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout
I used a primer potion before swatching the shades on my left arm! However you can't see much of the first Naked 2 color (Foxy) since it's pretty much a very light skin tone color.

Swatched on my arm you can see that there is a difference when it comes to pigmentation. The colors are the same as the Naked 2 ones, nothing to deny but it can't keep up with the pigmentation!!!! However  it's pigmentation doesn't have to hide either. I would still give it a good note.

Pros & Cons

Pros: lighter packaging and definitely the cheaper price of it, 8,99 € instead of 47,90 €!

Cons: I dislike the fact that there is no information on where it is made (Made in China?), less pigmented than Naked 2; it contains silicones & parabens while Naked 2 is paraben free, vegan-friendly and cruelty-free; the dual-brush is too small as as a shadow brush for my taste.

Final Thoughts:

I would say this is quite a good palette for 8,99 € and a great present to give away to someone who is not that much into makeup. The holding of the shades on the eyes can stay up to 4-5 hours and if you don't mind up a touch-up this is really not a bad eyeshadow palette for you. I would say it's perfect for school girls that have started using makeup and don't want to or can't spend so much money.


If you wanna order it too, I can provide you with a 5% off promotion code on kosmetik4less.de
Use the code 5PRK4L until 31.08.14, except on essence and Sigma products!


THANKS FOR READING! HAVE A NICE WEEKEND!

IrSaDa

2 comments:

  1. I think I would still invest in the Naked 2 (something I probably won't do since I don't like all the shades...I rather invest in the Lorac unzipped palette or in the Saint palette from Kat von D ). But looks like a nice option for those who can't afford the original one. I believe the MUA undress me two would be a safer one (I believe it doesn't contain parabens)

    Take care*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah not a bad option for those who wanna try the colors and don't mind the texture and that's it's not vegan!

      XoXo

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment ^^